During the early days of the Passion Movement, God connected our story to the confession found in Isaiah 26:8, specifically the last phrase which says, “For your name and renown are the desire of our souls.”
The heart of Passion is God’s glory, and God is most glorified in us when we live lives that are fully satisfied in Him. In an effort to flesh out this desire, the 268 Declaration was crafted around the following 5 statements and prayers :
- A passion to know God above all things – Because I was created by God and for His glory, I desire to make knowing and enjoying God the passionate pursuit of my life.
[God, give me a desire to know you more.] Colossians 1:16-18, John 17:3, Revelation 3:20, Philippians 3:7-10, Jeremiah 9:23-24, Psalm 16:11, 63:2-5, 73:25-28, Isaiah 43:7
- Love for the local expression of His church – Because Christ established the church for God’s glory, I will invest the gifts He has given me in the life and mission of my local church.
[God, give me a greater love for Your church, the body of Christ.] Ephesians 2:18-22, 3:20,21, 4:1-13, 5:25-27, Hebrews 10:23-25, Acts 2:41-47
- Unity among believers that amplifies His name – Because God’s fame is amplified when believers love each other, I will strive for unity among all Christians on my campus.
[God, give me a desire to lift up your name above all other names.] John 13:34-35, 17:20-26, 1 Corinthians 3, Psalm 34:3, 12-14, 133:1, Colossians 3:12-17, James 3:17-18
- A desire to see Christ celebrated where I live – Because many around me are separated from God, I will share the story of Jesus where I live.
[God, cause my life to be an unmistakable source of grace and hope to those around me.] 2 Corinthians 5:20-21, Romans 10:11-15, Isaiah 6:1-8, Matthew 5:13-16, 1 Peter 2:9-12, Philippians 2:12-16, 1 John 5:14-15
- Willingness to shine the gospel to all people – Because God is seeking worshipers of all peoples, I will spread His fame among the nations, fully participating in His global purposes and engaging poverty and injustice in Jesus’ name.
[God, kindle in me the desire to go anywhere, at anytime, at any cost, to do anything to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.] Psalm 67, 86:9, 2 Corinthians 5:18-21, Isaiah 49:6, Revelation 5:9-14, Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, James 1:27, Proverbs 31:8-9, Isaiah 1:17
SIGN UP FOR EMAIL UPDATES FROM THE PASSION MOVEMENT