Shine A Light on Slavery
Students and leaders at Passion 2013 raised their voice for the 27 million people trapped in slavery and declared to the world that this generation is in it to END IT. Together, we gave more than $3.3 million to fund 23 causes with 19 partner organizations and shine a light on slavery around the world.
Total given: $3,327,658
Click on the words below to read about the specific causes that were funded through the generosity of Passion 2013:
END IT Movement | USA
- Launch a national awareness campaign to share the message that slavery still exists.
Slavery Footprint | USA
- Partner with 3 major companies as first movers to review their supply chain by joining the Made in a Free World network.
Polaris Project | USA
- Train 5,000 law enforcement officers, first responders, and community advocates to identify, rescue, and serve victims.
- Help fund a national, toll-free, 24/7, victim-centered hotline to identify and support victims in the USA.
Not For Sale | Thailand
- Provide a safe and stable environment for 125 children and conduct street outreach prevention programs
Free The Slaves | Ghana
- Education and prevention program that will train 500 residents to protect local children from slavery.
World Relief | Cambodia
- Empower 285 communities with human trafficking prevention education that will reach more than 250,000 people.
Stella's Voice | Moldova
- Provide life-saving protection for orphaned children by helping to fund the launch of a new safe house for 25 vulnerable children.
A21 Campaign | Thailand
- Train 300+ officers on victim identification and human trafficking in order to stop slavery before it starts.
Bombay Teen Challenge | Mumbai, India
- Help fund a restoration home for 85 girls that are freed from the red light districts
Tiny Hands International | Nepal
- Fund investigation teams at 4 border crossings to dismantle local trafficking networks.
Out of Darkness | Atlanta, GA
- Provide rescue and restoration for 10 women who are being sexually exploited.
IJM | Pampanga, Philippines
- Fund a city-wide transformation project that will rescue 22 girls, arrest 7 traffickers, and permanently close 2 brothels.
Free The Slaves | India
- Fund the freedom and rescue of more than 200 victims of hereditary slavery and bring criminal charges against their slaveholders.
Warm Blankets Orphan Care | Indonesia
- Build a rescue home for 80 women who have been sexually exploited. Includes: counseling and job training.
Wellspring Living | USA
- Provide restoration to survivors by funding the launch of (2) new restoration programs.
Ratanak International | Cambodia
- Help restore 12 girls by providing a home where they will receive care, therapy, education, and job training.
Restore NYC | New York
- Provide care and services to 120 exploited foreign-national women who have been trafficked to the US.
She is Safe | Kathmandu, Nepal
- Rescue 150 girls, provide sustainable income, and empower communities to prevent further trafficking.
Love146 | Philippines
- Fund restoration at the Round Home for 15 child girls for 6 months
Hagar International | Cambodia
- Reintegrate 80 children survivors into Christian foster homes.
10/40 Connections | Nepal
- Launch and operate a recovery home for 25 women for six months
A21 Campaign | Bulgaria
- Provide long-term care, protection, and restoration for (3) women by funding a new safe home.